• The cable is frayed.
Do not attempt to remove, repair or adjust springs or cable.
HIGH SPRING TENSION CAN CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH.
• My door squeaks when it opens and closes.
Springs, rollers and hinges can squeak and be noisy. This is caused by normal use and does not necessarily indicate a problem. You may use a spray-on lubricant curated for garage doors. If the noise persists, we can fix that for you.
• Garage door does not open smoothly, but in a jerky motion and/or with loud noises.
This may be due to the lack of maintenance of the garage door or garage door opener.
• My garage door does not close all the way/goes back up into the open position.
The photo eye sensors may be misaligned or blocked by an object in their path.
• When I push the button on my garage door remote, the garage door doesn’t open.
This may be due to several issues. The most common is that your garage door remote may need the batteries replaced, the safety photo eyes on your garage door opener may be out of alignment or your spring(s) may be broken.
• I have a black residue on the exterior of the garage door.
This caused by the oil-coating that is on torsion springs. Care for your garage door with an annual washing to remove these marks.
Copyright © 2019 Door-Tex Overhead Garage Door Service - All Rights Reserved.